Friday 17 June 2011

It is not always easy for me to dissect my work, but i have learned the necessity of it in which to consider the context of my work. i have always seen that my work incorporates kitsch elements and i do enjoy a lot of kitsch influences but these are mostly from a point of nostalgia and not from a purist sense. My influences are very much rooted in the world as i perceive it, at first i always thought this quite insular but i have since identified that the postmodernist perspective is more reflective of my work. 
According to Grenz, postmodernist have a particular perspective that starts with the persons reality and experiences. he goes onto tell us how art pieces will evolve and start to take on different meanings and reactions according to the place , time and experiences of the person considering it. So appreciating kitsch from a nostalgic place is not the same as Greenberg speaking about in his 1939 essay avantgarde and kitsch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment